Ideal for pilots who are already comfortable with all-attitude flying and prefer to focus primarily on fundamental in-flight upset recognition and recovery techniques.
Classroom work includes advanced aerodynamics related to aircraft loss of control including high altitude and high speed topics, use of the full flight envelope and best practices for recovery.
Air work is conducted in both the North American Sabreliner and the MB-326 Impala and includes a more comprehensive set of maneuvers, additional practice on basic recovery maneuvers and scenario-driven flight examples.
Academics and Flight Objectives
- Aerodynamics and Limitations
- Longitudinal Static Stability
- Energy Management & Lift Vector Control
- Basic Maneuver Toolbox
- Techniques for Specific Upsets
- Mechanical and Environmental
- Case studies
- Aircraft Manufacturer Certification
- North American Sabreliner
- Heavy Aircraft URRT
- Aermacchi MB 326 Impala
- Advanced Handling Flight
- Advanced Upset Flight