The 2020 Federal budget directed funding to three groups for the purpose of achieving the integrations of UAM and AAM into the National Airspace system. Those groups were the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). FRI is an established provider of Advanced Air Mobility flight testing with both the FAA and NASA.
The AAM National Campaign is actively working with FRI to help identify requirements for the commercial readiness of UAM technology and gather data for the FAA to use in regulatory and certification efforts. Currently, FRI is the premier provider of UAM/AAM aircraft flight test and certification support for any new vehicle entering the market.
Flight Research also has an operational UAS surrogate platform with vast accest to training and testing areas including access to a more than one million square foot aircraft boneyard proving ground.
UAS Testing and Training Services include:
- Access to unlimited airspace
- Indoor UAS Flight Testing Hangar up to 100ft
- Outdoor UAS Flight Testing
- Fully operational UAS surrogate platform
- Multiple hangars for equipment installation
- Collaboration office space and cubicles for several staff
- A fully-equipped control room
- UAS Surrogacy
- Develop and testing payload packages
- Integrate programmable telemetry systems
- Test systems in a manned UAS surrogate
- Testing final phase of flight and formation ops under autonomous control
- Sensor, system and control law checks
- On-location UAS support also available