Work for Us.
Flight Research Inc. is the premier provider of flight training, maintenance, storage and testing services in the United States. We cultivate an environment where all team members are constantly motivated to meet or exceed high expectations. It is our belief that employees are our most valuable asset and we must encourage such talented individuals to be brilliant at what they do.
Please contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter if you are interested in any of our opportunities.
Find your future with Flight Research Inc. Please see our list of open positions below:
A & P Mechanics
Flight Research, Inc. is hiring A&P Mechanics responsible for performing scheduled aircraft airframe and powerplant inspections, sheet metal and structural repairs and installations, provide on-demand AOG and routine/non-routine maintenance service to support customer operations, and support repair activities on various airframe types.
About the Role:
- Perform efficient troubleshooting, aircraft maintenance, and repair in accordance with applicable regulations, manufacturer's instructions, and company policies
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance records by properly documenting & completing required forms, computer entries, and logbook entries
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Keep a clean and orderly work environment
- Perform job duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 to 5 years as an FAA A&P licensed mechanic
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree or higher in Aviation Maintenance desired. Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and understand technical publications and maintenance manuals.
- Proven result driven work ethic and a great attitude REQUIRED.
- 5-10-year aircraft maintenance experience with at least one of the following aircraft: UH-1, OH-58, C-182, DA-42, SR-22, B-76, L-39, MB-326, MiG-21, T-38, NA-265-40, NA-265-60, PA-24, PA-34, C-90
- Formal OEM maintenance initial training on one of the listed model types highly desired.
- Prior experience as a Supervisor or Lead Technician in a FAA 145 Repair Station environment highly desired.
- Thorough working knowledge of FAA regulations.
Apprentice, A & P Mechanic
Flight Research, Inc. is hiring an Apprentice, A & P Mechanic to assist in the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of airframes, powerplant inspections, sheet metal and structural repairs and installations. Apprentices will provide world class service and support activities on various airframe types.
About the Role:
- Assist mechanics with a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer
- Perform a variety of line service activities for company and customer owned aircraft and general Service Center facilities maintenance
- Maintain watch and meet aircraft on taxi ramp
- Tow, park, and secure aircraft at various ramp and hangar locations
- Perform cleaning and routine maintenance checks
- Work in accordance with established safety practices including proper use of personal protective equipment; maintain a neat and orderly work area
- High School Diploma or equivalent and working towards A & P Mechanic License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acts with customer expectations and requirements in mind
- Collaborates and easily gets along in team-based environments
- Valid driver's license
Part Time Flight Test Instructor
Flight Research, Inc. & the International Flight Test Institute
Mojave Air and Space Port, Mojave, CA
Flight Research, Inc. and the International Flight Test Institute are actively searching for a new part time instructor for our courses in flight test engineering, advanced aircrew training and Upset Recognition and Recovery Training (URRT). You will be conducting instruction both on the ground and in-flight on engineering based flight sciences topics to both engineers and pilots from all over the globe and with a multitude of backgrounds. In addition, there will be opportunities to support our various research and flight test support projects.
Our companies stress a positive culture and "squadron atmosphere" to create an environment for both our students and employees that is second to none. You will be working with a team of aerospace professionals with a diverse background in programs such as the Space Shuttle and F-22. Our instructor cadre is truly unique in the world and we look forward to enhancing our crew with this new position.
We welcome candidates who are passionate about aerospace and who strive to be part of team of aerospace professionals committed to the betterment of the flight test community, aerospace research and aviation safety.
- Bachelor's degree in science, math or engineering
- Applicable experience in aircraft design and/or flight testing
- Instructional experience
- Fluent in English
- Graduate of a professional flight test course
- Experience with URRT or similar
- Experience with civil aircraft certification
- Performance and flying qualities flight test experience
- UAV design and/or test experience
- Commercial pilot's license
- Able to maintain an FAA class III medical