Work for Us.
Flight Research Inc. is the premier provider of flight training, maintenance, storage and testing services in the United States. We cultivate an environment where all team members are constantly motivated to meet or exceed high expectations. It is our belief that employees are our most valuable asset and we must encourage such talented individuals to be brilliant at what they do.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter if you are interested in any of our opportunities.
Find your future with Flight Research Inc. Please see our list of open positions below:
A & P Mechanics
Flight Research, Inc. is hiring A&P Mechanics responsible for performing scheduled aircraft airframe and powerplant inspections, sheet metal and structural repairs and installations, provide on-demand AOG and routine/non-routine maintenance service to support customer operations, and support repair activities on various airframe types.
About the Role:
- Perform efficient troubleshooting, aircraft maintenance, and repair in accordance with applicable regulations, manufacturer's instructions, and company policies
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance records by properly documenting & completing required forms, computer entries, and logbook entries
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Keep a clean and orderly work environment
- Perform job duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 to 5 years as an FAA A&P licensed mechanic
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree or higher in Aviation Maintenance desired. Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and understand technical publications and maintenance manuals.
- Proven result driven work ethic and a great attitude REQUIRED.
- 5-10-year aircraft maintenance experience with at least one of the following aircraft: UH-1, OH-58, C-182, DA-42, SR-22, B-76, L-39, MB-326, MiG-21, T-38, NA-265-40, NA-265-60, PA-24, PA-34, C-90
- Formal OEM maintenance initial training on one of the listed model types highly desired.
- Prior experience as a Supervisor or Lead Technician in a FAA 145 Repair Station environment highly desired.
- Thorough working knowledge of FAA regulations.
Apprentice, A & P Mechanic
Flight Research, Inc. is hiring an Apprentice, A & P Mechanic to assist in the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of airframes, powerplant inspections, sheet metal and structural repairs and installations. Apprentices will provide world class service and support activities on various airframe types.
About the Role:
- Assist mechanics with a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer
- Perform a variety of line service activities for company and customer owned aircraft and general Service Center facilities maintenance
- Maintain watch and meet aircraft on taxi ramp
- Tow, park, and secure aircraft at various ramp and hangar locations
- Perform cleaning and routine maintenance checks
- Work in accordance with established safety practices including proper use of personal protective equipment; maintain a neat and orderly work area
- High School Diploma or equivalent and working towards A & P Mechanic License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acts with customer expectations and requirements in mind
- Collaborates and easily gets along in team-based environments
- Valid driver's license
Director of Maintenance
Mojave, CA 93501
Flight Research, Inc. is hiring a Director of Maintenance to oversee the maintenance of a fleet of 40 aircraft of 22 types in addition to multiple customer aircraft. The Director of Maintenance is responsible for overseeing maintenance of department aircraft, maintenance personnel, FAA certifications and budget.
About the Role:
- Manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensure all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise maintenance staff, which includes reviewing employee performance, generating assignments and setting priorities.
- Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control, and inspection, and routine through complex maintenance of aircraft, aircraft sub- systems, and components, as required.
- Review work orders regarding modifications and/or upgrades to various aircraft systems.
- Read and interpret manufacturers' and company's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Provide guidance and instruction to team members concerning technical orders, and checklists.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment maintenance schedules on all company assets and monitoring parts and supply inventories.
- Ensure availability of materials, anticipating requirements and reordering.
- Offer technical guidance to Engineering staff regarding start-up of new equipment and follow-up of maintenance programs.
- Licensed A&P or have active experience in aviation maintenance.
- Experience in the administration of FAA Part 145 operations.
- Experience in the maintenance and airworthiness of aircraft with experimental airworthiness certificates.
- Ability to plan and schedule maintenance work requirements and to direct skilled technicians in the daily performance of their duties.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to supervise a team.
- Competent in the use of a computer, to include Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aviation Maintenance: 5 years
Required license or certification:
Flight Research Inc. is hiring a Sales Manager familiar with UAS, helicopter and/or fixed-wing operations, flight test, and aviation maintenance. This position is a senior management position requiring the manager to establish new and grow existing business; develop strategic sales plans; execute and participate in sales planning as well as collaborate on marketing and business plans.
About the Role:
- Responsible for end-to-end sales process, from prospect to negotiation.
- Identifies, prospects, and qualifies new sales opportunities.
- Drives sales growth through networking and building strong relationships by attending trade events and customer visits.
- Negotiate and close sales and service agreements with potential buyers.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing customer relationships.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Aviation or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of aviation business development or sales work experience with a successful record of established client relationships with aircraft operators.
- Ability to travel - 60%
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, networking and relationship building.
- Proven ability to work autonomously as a regularly traveling employee.
- Additional languages a plus
- Must hold at least a Private Pilot Certificate
- Results-driven and able to manage resources to meet sales goals.
- Knowledge and experience using ZoHo or other CRM tool
- Strong computer skills including G Suite
- Excellent public presentation skills – both verbal and written
- High level of knowledge in aviation and flight operations